Senior Business Analyst
Atlanta, GA 30350 | Direct Hire
Senior Business Analyst
Johns Creek, GA
This role is responsible for interfacing with the OC/OM technical team over a period of months to bring new features to life. A Sr Business Analyst is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
- Understand the technology stack and most importantly understanding of the level of effort involved
- Understanding feature modeling techniques and methods
- Understanding test driven development requirements
- 5-7 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: product marketing, product/program management, business development, business analysis, management consulting desired, but not required.
- Internet and retail experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Passionate about solving customer and business problems.
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and other Agile work management tools
- Experience with the Retail industry, and Order Management
Business Analysis Function:
Business analysts focus on the collection and documentation of business requirements that drive the design of business systems solutions. They may also participate in business planning, needs analysis and business risk assessment, leading business process redesign, acclimating business processes to changes in technology and consulting with the customer on how to best support the business through the effective use of technology.
Senior Business Analyst:
An experienced Business Analyst, with expertise in a variety of tools, providing value to the business through effective process analysis and requirements development and documentation. Can add value across multiple areas of the business.
- Key Accountability:
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements. Analyzes business operations and processes to understand strengths and weaknesses. Supports the identification of opportunities for process improvement, management control of work, or automation.
- Creates requirements definition documentation and functional specifications to capture business needs using advanced business processes. Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment. Validates with the customer and shared with project stakeholders. Applies thorough understanding of business processes and user needs to formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Tracks progress of projects to ensure alignment to requirements; manages any deviations from requirements to ensure resolution.
- Reviews test plans and scripts for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides implementation support, preparing the business for the system solution. Acts as a subject matter expert and supports train-the-trainer and other learning activities with Corporate Learning and Development and Business Partners.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to more junior Business Analysts. Delegates tasks as appropriate.
- Clarifies vague, undefined business needs, helping users define requirements and determining how to best address them.
- Can identify potential opportunities to automate and/or improve an existing process.
- Supports the definition of requirements, and how to best address them, considering the goals of the whole organization.
- Conceives of and supports the design of projects that may require integration across multiple technical platforms.
- Analyzes information requirements that may cross multiple systems.
- Conducts ROI and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization.
- Leads the business analysis phase of a project. Typically works on work type 2 projects.
- Develops alternatives and provides recommendations for business case.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and business process trends and is able to apply that knowledge to existing business processes with a focus towards process improvement.
- Possesses familiarity with multiple technologies, business analysis tools, development methods and systems, and relevant programming languages.
- Possesses familiarity with a variety of software development methodologies, and how that applies to own area of work.
- Possesses a high level of knowledge and expertise in the business processes, products and services of various business units and how technology is used as decision support within various business units, and the organization as a whole.
- Understands complex business processes and is able to document them in a logical and comprehensible manner.
- Is able to identify goals or requirements in user area that are conflicting with overall organizational goals, and raise them as appropriate.
- Identifies and/or develops business performance measures to track the benefits of a project or service.
- Has a good understanding of the general competitive landscape from a business and technology perspective.
Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5-7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.