Senior Business Analyst
6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
The Business Analyst is a champion for the business within IT. The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for quickly and effectively gathering and communicating requirements for new solutions to meet the changing needs of the business. Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, initiative and the ability to lead a team of Business Analysts in a team environment are keys to this position.
Product Delivery teams work in highly collaborative Agile teams. Candidates who have experience documenting user stories, diagrams and acceptance criteria and collaborating with product, development and QA teams are preferred. The ability to work independently with little supervision is required. We seek candidates who are able to communicate effectively with business partners and technical team members and bring them to agreement.
· Consult with sponsors, Product Owners and team members to define and articulate the business problem and product vision, developing user stories and acceptance criteria to describe success for the story
· Elicit requirements using a variety of techniques, including gap analysis, observation, interviews and facilitating workshops.
· Provide useful models for " as-is" and " to-be" business processes, data flow paths and system interactions
· Own story card quality. Collaborate with subject matter experts, sponsors, developers and QA to reduce potential gaps in requirements.
· Create interface mock-ups, either directly or by collaboration with UX designers
· Proactively work to identify, communicate and resolve issues and risks that inhibit progress
· Communicate project status when needed and assist in resolving issues
· Take initiative and apply problem solving skills to remove blockers, reduce churn and improve team performance
· Demonstrate the ability to effectively work on large complex projects spanning the ecosystem
· Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of web applications, customers and business units. Become a subject matter expert in more than one applications.
· Mentor less experienced team members
· 5-8 years IT business analysis experience implementing software solutions
· Demonstrated experience facilitating requirements gather sessions, articulating user stories and driving completion
· Experience with high volume, external customer facing web applications is preferred
· The ability to understand data relationships, write and execute SQL queries is preferred
· Experience with agile development principles and values is strongly preferred