Security Engineer IV
2900 Westside Pkwy Alpharetta, GA 30004 | Contract
The Security Engineer –
Senior position requires the ability to provide positive individual contributions in the implementation, operations and support of enterprise security solutions in a global, multi-datacenter environment.
Primary responsibilities include technical security incident response, operations and managing client experience. The primary functions will be to develop, maintain and advance the security posture of the company in order to adequately protect assets.
• Support incident management processes and security monitoring alerts in preventing internal / external hackers from compromising data and assets.
• Support new and existing security solutions and partner with the Tier 3 security engineering team for the implementation and integration of any new enhancements made to existing security solutions in support of improving overall enterprise security.
• Ensure security tools and solutions hardware/software/devices are operating effectively and updated in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain operating guidelines and procedures in support of policies, standards and guidelines.
• Use appropriate and effective measures to respond to network security alerts.
• Understand the latest hacker techniques and propose appropriate countermeasures, configurations and awareness.
• Work with members of all BU and ETG staff to support the enterprise approach to security.
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise networks.
Perform ticket queue monitoring, resolution and prioritization, maintain diagrams and documentation as appropriate and support firewall rule set reviews, auditing and maintenance activities.
• Palo Alto /Panorama experience preferred
• Checkpoint experience preferred
• VMWare NSX experience a plus
• Cisco ASA experience / Juniper Firewall experience a plus
• Scripting - Bash or Python preferred
• VPN troubleshooting preferred
• Imperva Database, Web Application firewall and XML firewall exposure
• Arcsight exposure
• Splunk exposure
• Strong understanding of OSI layers 2, 3, & 4
• SSL Certificate experience
• Proxy / Threat Management Gateway experience
• Knowledge of security best practices and procedures.
• effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related product issues as required.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
• The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough and complete support.
• Effective communications, interpersonal, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Organized, keen attention to detail, and efficient.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Risk Management; or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in IT Network or Security or related area with a focus on security tool technology, security management and policy enforcement
• Prior experience with network security & related applications, tools and solutions
• 5+ years' experience in a large complex firewall environment
• Deep understanding of network routing and switching architecture, design and troubleshooting
• Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environments
• Technical product training and certifications, network hardware and application security training and/or certifications.