3 Ravinia Drive Suite 2900 Atlanta, GA 30350 | Contract
This scrum master will be responsible for supporting up to 6 scrum teams on technology platforms. Functions such as Java, Fuse ESB, Apigee or other API Gateway products, API and SOA service development, and in a complex enterprise environment.
This scrum master would also be required to work with diverse distributed teams in a hybrid delivery and integration model of waterfall and scrum while having a combination of onsite and virtual team members who are often spread-out across multiple time-zones.
Desired Characteristics & Attributes
• Self-starter, able to take minimum direction and assert leadership in a team by working persuasively and collaboratively with peers and managers
• Passionate about scrum practices and coaching their teams and peer groups
• Be able to coach a team to achieve self-organization
• Facilitate conflict resolution resulting in positive outcomes
• Willing to innovate scrum practices and apply it in a new way while still being aligned to scrum values and principles
• Ability to develop positive working relationships
• Willingness to learn business processes and to learn other forms of agility
• Possess an entrepreneurial and growth mindset
• Ability to collaborate and communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and levels of agile maturity
Roles and Responsibilities
The expectations of job duties, roles, and responsibilities include:
• Demonstrate strong expertise in the use of Rally as the scrum tool, including setting up teams, features, and projects, creating view and reports, and developing and tracking scrum team metrics
• Coach the team towards continuous improvement and protect the team from outside disruptions
• Partner with Middleware Delivery/Development Managers to understand the technical best practices and be an advocate in achieving those practices
• Work with Product Owners on a continual basis to refine and prioritize the backlog.
• Facilitate sprint planning that results in a team commitment to the sprint objectives.
• Continuous facilitation and refinement of the release backlog.
• Schedule and facilitate all ceremonies within the Scrum Framework – Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Review/Demo, Backlog Refinement, Mid-Sprint Review, and Retrospective.
• Facilitate team retrospectives to identify areas for improvement and opportunities for growth. Also responsible for pro-actively working with the team to implement the improvements identified.
• Responsible for following the guidance in the client's ACOE Agile Playbook with respect to CA Agile Central tool usage to ensure accurate team metrics are reflected in the tool.
• Establish team rituals, norms, and culture and review on a regular cadence the team's working agreement and definitions of done and ready by userstory, iteration, & release.
• Partner with the Delivery/Development Manager to ensure coaching of the team on agile practices and opportunities for improvement.
• Responsible for helping and aiding removing team impediments and raising program/organizational impediments
• Participation in Communities of Practices
• Willingness to coach other scrum masters in scrum practice
• Work collaboratively across cross functional development and operational support teams
• Build, develop, and grow cross functional relationships across technology groups and business domains
• Serve as an agent of change throughout organizational transformation and/or change management activities
• Be able to support geographically disperse teams in multiple time zones
• 4-year degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a scrum master
• Scrum master certification from a recognized certifying authority (e.g. SCM, SSM, SASM etc.) or willingness to achieve a certification within the first 6 months of the hiring date.
• Expert/competent knowledge of scrum best practices
• Expert/competent knowledge, familiarization, or exposure to Kanban and/or SAFe
• Expert/competent knowledge of agile engineering practices included but not limited to XP, TDD, BDD, or etc.
• Familiarization with new product develop lifecycles, product management frameworks, and/or application development lifecycles
• Must embrace continuous learning and embody an experimentation/innovation culture