SS Digital - Heavy Duty Content Data Analyst
2999 Circle 75 Parkway Atlanta, GA 30339 | Contract To Hire
Executes company catalog data analytics initiatives which support all Genuine Parts Company Catalog Look-Up applications for HVPD/Traction Canada and HVPG/Traction US Heavy Duty products. Analyzes and loads new data sets that will allow the look-up and sale of all products. Collaborates with technology development and project teams to refine, adapt, and apply data models. Works with business representatives to define and onboard new data requirements impacted by analytics efforts.
• Executes content translation & review from-and-to Canadian French and US English
• Analyze vehicle application data provided by Suppliers by ensuring the validity and accuracy of data – specializing in Heavy Duty vehicle products.
• Review status with management regarding Suppliers adhering to Data Standards.
• Responsible for rejection of Supplier data in cases where:
• Data does not adhere to Standards
• Data presents a liability to, stores, or their customers.
• Data presents a risk in lost sales to, stores or their customers.
• Responsible for managing the relationship with Suppliers from a Catalog content perspective in order to protect the Supplier as well as (and downstream customers) from false or inaccurate data that could cause ill-will, liability issues, or potential lost sales.
• Submits requests for Manufacturers Product Class Codes (MPCC or Part Type Descriptions) using information from the Supplier and/or using their own creative initiative based upon automotive taxonomy.
• Creates and validates product attributes and ensures that product attributes follow the Attribute Standards.
• Ensures that product attributes that are common between multiple Suppliers are the same.
• Provides analytics to business management on the following:
• Missing Coverage
• OE Data Management
• Sister Vehicle Coverage
• Responsible for coverage analysis between Premium and Value product lines to ensure no sales are lost for due to missing application data in either product line.
• Ensures that duplicate and/or overpopulation of Suppliers application data does not occur which could result in an impact on sales for or it customers.
• Responsible for validating Supplier Interchange data and ensuring that new Interchange data is provided every 60 days.
• Responsible for the management of the Discrepancy Policy with Suppliers, where applicable.
• Validates discrepancies received from stores and customers.
• Communicates discrepancies to appropriate Supplier.
• Manages response time from Supplier.
• Determines when a Supplier has fulfilled the response requirement of providing corrected application data.
• Determines fines to be levied as outlined in the Discrepancy Policies.
• Where applicable, ensures that Suppliers follow the Paper Catalog Standards and has the responsibility of representing pursuant to a Supplier not following the Paper Catalog Standards.
• Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, and have the ability to learn working in the Catalog PIM (Product Information System).
• Must be willing to travel in the United States and Canada.
• Be willing to represent in a professional and courteous manner in all dealings with Suppliers, Employees of, and Customers of .
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
• Minimum High School Education
• 2 years or more of College a plus.
• Fluent in understanding, speaking and writing US English, with Canadian French a plus
• Experience in the Heavy Duty Vehicle sector (retail store, repair shop, manufacturing).
• Knowledge of automotive standards “ACES” and “PIES”
• Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Access, with strong emphasis on Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Filtering, Formulas, etc.)
• Strong analytical abilities in data exploration, data manipulation, and data visualization.
• Heavy Duty/Automotive enthusiasm a plus.
• Work is performed in a typical office environment.