SQL Server DBA
3003 Summit Boulevard Atlanta, Georgia 30319 | Contract To Hire
SQL Server DBA
Contract opportunity in Atlanta, GA
Senior SQL Server Database Administrator (SQL Server)
The Senior SQL Server Database Administrator is responsible for recommending, implementing and supporting current and new SQL Server DB technologies, as required, to support the technical capabilities of Cox Automotive Inc (CAI). To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, both with team members and business contacts. In addition, the successful Database Administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
- Diagnose and Resolve problems around database performance, capacity, replication, T-SQL, etc.
- Proactively monitor databases for errors and respond quickly and effectively to troubleshoot and resolve DB on-going issues on all CAI environments DEV/QA/PROD.
- Coordinate and schedule DB downtimes to perform DB maintenance procedures. i.e DB patching, upgrades, etc.
- Define Backup and Recovery strategies using technologies used at CAI. Netapp Snapshots, SnapManager for SQL, Native SQL Server Backup/recovery Tools, Idera SQl Safe.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including but not limited to; DB Performance Tuning, T-SQL tuning, Backup and recovery and DB disaster recovery solutions.
- Work with other CAI groups gathering requirements for new instance build outs, or supporting existing applications.
- Ability to analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, Disaster Recovery or high performance.
- Work independently or with other CAI teams to design or participate in functional/performance tests.
- Create/update CAI’ s database documentation about standard procedures, DB technology features, or production issue troubleshooting.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise.
- Design and implement highly available production systems using the following technologies: Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Windows/SQL clustering and availability groups.
- Review scripts submitted by the Development team for performance and standard adherence.
- Work with development teams to deploy code in production when needed.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Microsoft Windows/ SQL Server Technologies,
- Experience working on 24x7 environments oriented towards a zero downtime target.
- Working knowledge or previous administration of SQL 2008R2- SQL 2016 and Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Experience with ETL, DTS, T-SQL, SQL Server, and SSRS, SSIS.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in team environment.
- Performance tuning for SQL server, queries, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Hands on experience with configuring and administering Log Shipping, SQL mirroring or Availability Groups (AG)
- Experience with SQL in virtual, physical and cloud based environments.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies
- Experience migrating and/or managing databases in the cloud (AWS/Azure)