SQL Database Developer
120 Bluegrass Valley Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30005
SQL Database Administrator
The Database Administrator is responsible for the design, development and implementation of logical and physical layers for SQL Server and other various databases. Recommend solutions for database security, testing, data backup and recovery specifications. The DBA is also responsible for performance monitoring and tuning in a high-availability environment to support growth of large applications within the company. They provide technical assistance in developing conceptual and logical database design and physical databases.
- Develop and implement strategies and solutions for managing data backup, recovery and replication
- Develop and implement processes to monitor system performance and tuning improvements and upgrades
- Manages and maintains data in all production and non-production databases and replication
- Monitors and maintains database systems and troubleshoots problems. - Maintains data integrity and security (manages roles and permissions of database users)
- Utilizes tools such as SQL Profiler and other Monitoring and Performance Tuning Tools for database
- Generates traces and execution plans
- Deploy new database code releases to production
- Participate in the database team on-call rotation
- Test and implement database upgrades and new features
- Keep database administration skills current through study and research
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience with database administration of large-scale mission critical databases including troubleshooting.
- 3+ years working in one or more ETL tools (DTS, SSIS, etc)
- Storage experience and basic knowledge with other RDBMS is a plus.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies
- Experience with SQL Server high availability database design, architecture and configuration desired
- Experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on online transaction systems
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, able to analyze problems and solve them creatively
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities- Good oral and written communication skills