Sr. Application Developer
1407 Texas Street Suite 202 Fort Worth, TX 76102
Join a closely knit team of open source programmers with mixed backgrounds and skill sets as we work on full-stack application development projects.
- At least 5 years of Web Development work part of which is using some sort of server side language and MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django, etc.
- Strong OOP / OOD skills. Enjoys writing clean, dry code. Might know a design pattern or two.
- TDD and/or some background in writing automated unit and integration tests
- Relational Databases and SQL
- Good communication skills and plays well with others
- A ravenous curiosity
Nice to Haves:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails— our primary development platform. We don’ t require you to already know it, but you’ ll have to become comfortable with Ruby and Rails.
- Angular JS
- Redis or other NoSQL solutions
- Resque or similar background processing frameworks
- Concurrency / Multi-threading
- TDD/ BDD, RSpec, Jasmine
- Design Patterns / Domain Driven Design
- Functional Programming languages, especially Elixir or Erlang.
- Development in any other languages: Python, Java, R, Clojure, C/C++, etc.