1505 Windward Concourse ALPHARETTA, GA 30005
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios/programs. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production. This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
• Work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
• Implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
• Build the IT Release Calendar in working closely with the IT delivery managers from different projects/capabilities across IT and centralizing view of all releases.
• Support release ceremonies and coordination activities; maintain software release schedules
• Leads the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in.
• Collaborate closely and often with internal EFX groups
• Provide support to ensure on schedule and accurate time tracking for all initiatives
• Proactively anticipate and remove impediments to keep teams highly productive
• Manage risks, issues, and dependencies for the platform
• Identify and manage dependencies with other EFX departments as well as external partners
• Create and utilize key metrics to measure, improve, and report performance to stakeholders
• Cultivate and sustain effective partnerships between members of cross-functional teams
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement to enhance effectiveness and good practice sharing
• Assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Minimum BS degree in Information Science/Computer Science/Software Engineering/Business preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
• 10+ years of release and/or project management experience in managing full software development life cycle (SDLC) projects including Cloud Application migrations, data center deployments, with cross-functional, matrix staff spanning lines of business and technical disciplines.
• Solid understanding of project management principles preferred
• 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master on projects using Agile software development methods, e.g., Lean; Scrum – certified SM is a plus; & SAFe – certified as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) is a plus
• Experience in leading large scale global initiatives in the areas of infrastructure, Network, Public Cloud
• Familiarity with AWS Cloud concepts and emerging technologies in cloud computing.
• Self-motivated driver to solve problems and able to make progress despite obstacles
• Strong time management skills and sense of timeliness to meet commitments
• Demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills
• Ability to learn and utilize the key metrics needed to measure, observe and optimizing performance
• Exceptional facilitation skills to gain and maintain alignment, transparency of process, results, and trust
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficient with JIRA and Microsoft Office products
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), highly preferred