Quality Assurance Manager
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Quality Assurance Manager
The QA Manager will be part of a team developing and supporting a customer and partner facing cloud based Big Data platform using latest technologies like EMR, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics etc. This platform gives our customers, partners, and professional services teams valuable status and insights into operational assets. For this reason, it is very important that this system is always up and performing at peak capacity. The resource should have practical, hands-on experience in all areas of QA as well as management experience. The primary objective of this role is to be involved in the QA activities hands on and to manage the QA team and work with development teams to automate as much of the application testing as possible and some manual testing to help maintain and improve the products.
The QA Manager will have a wide variety of responsibilities
- Responsible for managing an onshore/offshore team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality solution delivery
- Develop and implement a QA Testing Strategy inclusive of people, process, and tools that will drive higher quality and efficiency.
- Participate in the development of project plans by outlining QA tasks, deliverables, deadlines, time estimates, etc.
- Provide leadership, performance feedback, mentoring, and career development planning to team members.
- Overseeing the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution
- Inform Management Team of testing status and provide final go/no-go recommendations from a QA perspective.
- Hands on involvement in all development projects. Test Planning, Test Scenarios, Manual Testing, Test Automation, Test Framework creation and Defect Logging and verification.
- Actively participate and contribute in reviews of requirements, design, schedules, and test plans.
- Apply QA best practices from project inception to deployment and beyond.
- Develop, document, and maintain the test strategy and test scenarios.
- Identify and report defects through JIRA and tracking through closure.
- Ensures that the reliability, performance, and functionality of assigned features and functionality meet or exceed business goals.
- Work to uncover possible defect causes instead of " throwing it over the wall"
- Define, present, and maintain QA Reporting /dashboards
- Will participate in manual testing where and when required
- 1+ years of experience as a QA Manager with hands-on testing and automation
- 2+ years of hands on experience in UI and API automation
- 5+ years of hands on experience in QA area for enterprise systems or B2B/B2C products
- Experience in agile development methodologies
- Experience with automated testing platforms including Selenium, Protractor, Café, Cucumber etc
- Experience in using Robot Framework with Selenium WebDriver desired
- Experience developing robust automation frameworks using tools like Selenium WebDriver
- Application performance testing especially with JMeter or Locust
- Good Java coding skills in relation to the testing frameworks
- Good scripting skills around test automation
- Familiar with testing RESTful API’ s
- Experience with testing data intensive applications/products, sources and APIs
- Job scheduler experience with tools like Jenkins or Hudson
- Familiarity with build tools like Maven, Grunt is a plus
- Familiar with version control using Git
- Skilled in reading log files. Good analytic skills to determine root cause of issues based on logs.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement process including designing and documenting processes.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent a plus
- Familiarity with applications built using AWS a plus
- Experience testing NoSQL technologies Cassandra and Cloudera Hadoop a plus
- Experience testing Oozie, Kafka, or Spark a plus
- Knowledge of basic SQL
- Familiar with container technologies like Docker, K8s is a plus
- Must have the ability to take initiative and be entrepreneurial
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be a team player