Quality Assurance Engineer
3400 new hyde park rd New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract
As the QA Engineer you work to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. Evaluate and test new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards.
- Work as a member of an Agile SCRUM team delivering high quality software in two week sprints
- Develops efficient and thorough sprint test plans. Conducts sprint testing using exploratory, functional test case, and regression (manual and automated) methods
- Proficiency in Automated testing.
- Create complex software test scripts.
- Develops and reinforces testing methods, procedures for measuring product quality, and determining release readiness
- Collaborates with scrum team developers to develop new features and resolve issues
- Contributes to the success of the scrum team through active and collaborative participation in sprint planning, daily scrums and sprint retrospectives
- Develops an in-depth level of knowledge of the scrum team’ s supported products
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Contribute towards team estimation and scheduling process
- Work efficiently and with a high level of energy
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a technical field
- 3 years software testing including the development and maintenance of software test plans
- 3 years’ experience with Automation tools & frameworks like Robot Frameworks/Selenium/Page Object frameworks.
- 3 years’ experience with development languages such as Java, REST and Python
- Understanding of agile QA concepts, practices, processes and tools
- A passion for delivering high quality products to clients
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be a self-starter, outstanding team player, and results-oriented with a strong desire to learn and grow technically as a member of a scrum team
- Skilled negotiating conflict and differing opinions