1030 North Colorado Street Gilbert, AZ 85233 | Contract
The Technical Project Manager has primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing technology projects, identifying key resources and providing the direction they require to meet project objectives. The Technical Project Manager utilizes necessary resources and skills to produce project deliverables within agreed cost, timescale, and quality parameters. The Technical Project Manager plays a role in project planning, project monitoring and control, relationship management, and providing advice and guidance.
- Primary Responsibilities:
Provide project leadership and direction on assigned projects, focusing on management of technical team deliverables.
- Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the project requirements.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, both within technology and product teams.
- Participate in the approval process of project expenses and vendor invoicing.
- Establish project plans and document goals, objectives, and team member roles.
- Actively manages budget tracking and forecasting.Identify project staffing needs and develop staffing plan.
- Monitor project progress, identify risks, and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Resolve issues that impact the project in a timely, effective manner.Prepare and submit weekly project status reports.
- Serve as an escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolves conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- Maintain production systems release calendar that captures deployments, break/fix, rollbacks, partial rollbacks, infrastructure changes, etc.
- Establish project management best practices and lead adoption within the teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 5+ years of project management experience in leading technical projects.
- Working experience with Rally or similar project management tools.
- Working experience running multiple technology projects.
- Working experience of and competency in project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, and financial management.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, especially in representing their technical expertise to a diverse audience.