Product Support Specialist II
30000 Mill Creek Avenue Suite 100 Alpharetta, GA 30022 | Direct Hire
Product Support Specialist II
Serve as the initial escalation point and provide in-depth support for technical issues/problems which are escalated from the Service Desk. These are difficult and/or critical in nature, time consuming, above the level of expertise in the Service Desk. The Product Support Specialist is responsible for driving these technical issues/problems to resolution via automation, full system support and analysis; fully documenting the resolution; and cross training the Service Desk team. Product Support works directly with other departments within the organizations, such as Development, Engineering, SQA, and Product Management. The Product Support Specialist is required to have broad and deep knowledge of client' s software and hardware product, understanding of client' s business and customers' business functions, and superior customer service and troubleshooting skills.
• Escalation point for the Service Desk.
• Custom training for the Service Desk for recurring problem identification, troubleshooting techniques and general product knowledge.
• Responsible for problem management.
• Ensure CRM tasks are fully documented and resolved or escalated to Development within SLA guidelines.
• Lead simple to medium complexity technical and process improvement projects that will increase productivity, customer service, system stability, etc.
• Provide end-to-end troubleshooting of the client' s systems.
• Provide root cause analysis and recommend solutions for advanced support issues.
• Proactively follows through on customer issues to ensure customers concerns are addressed accurately and promptly.
• Adhere to the formal Change Control Process.
• Implement emergency fixes for critical issues.
• Execute installation activities for releases as necessary and provide post-implementation support.
• Act as a Liaison to the other business units .
• Work with the other business units within to enhance its product line.
• Provide 24/7 on-call support, on a rotational basis.
• Represent Customer Operations in a positive, professional manner when working with both external and internal customers.
• Assist in running Beta/pilot programs.
• Maintain individual education and professional development plan, including annual goals.
• Supports and adheres to company' s core values.
• Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
• Work ~90% independently.
• Experience with Windows desktop/server platforms and/or Unix, Microsoft Office products, SQL Server and/or Oracle database management and queries, Networking, and Scripting
• High degree of analytical skills; able to complete methodical root cause analysis
• Self-motivated, proactive, able to work under stressful conditions
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to lead projects activities
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Excellent communication, documentation, and customer service skills
Preferred Skill Set:
• Advanced knowledge with Windows desktop/server platforms and/or UNIX, Microsoft Office products, SQL Server and/or Oracle database management and queries, Networking, and Scripting
• 4-6 years of experience working on or directly with a Technical Service Desk
• Perl and .Net Framework knowledge
• Bachelor degree in electronics, computer science, or related field.
• Plus a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in customer service, technical support in related field, or utility industry.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be acceptable.