Product Development Project Manager V
300 Kimball Drive, Suite 300 Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Maintain a holistic view of the overall vendor relationship program to the organization and all stakeholders.
- Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in program planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the program; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for program activities; Identifying and communicating program/project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the program (e.g., Program Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
- Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery of external vendors
- Serve as point of contact for assigned vendors and vendor staff
- Ensure the tracking, measurement, reporting and evaluation of assigned vendor relationships. Work with assigned software vendors in conjunction with internal project team to ensure timely and successful delivery of code. Act as escalation point for all contractual, financial, quality and delivery issues.
- Troubleshoot all vendor issues and present to management as necessary
- Monitor contractual agreements, SLAs, and success criteria. Escalate as required.
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected program outcomes.
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the program, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout program.
- Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network: understand the culture of organizations.
- Provide performance feedback for assigned project managers to applicable PMO resource managers.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 7 - 10 years of previous senior project or program management and/or relevant consulting experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in vendor management, specifically working with an external software provider to manage, monitor and measure software deliverables.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project or program management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycle.
- Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams.
- Familiarity with Project Management tools.
- Bachelor degree in business or equivalent work experience