Print & Production Manager
7400 Gaylor Parkway Frisco, TX 75034
Direction from senior leadership, the Senior Manager of Print Composition will manage and oversee the team tasked with creation and production of data driven content with the flexibility to innovate. Candidates should be able to:
- Architect workflows that have multiple data paths to meet the unique requirements of individual customers
- Create systems that monitor and report errors in data to ensure accurate end-user communication
- Have knowledge of common IT systems, application integrations, and ECM tools and programs
- Demonstrate expertise in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Monitor and manage multiple client design requirements
- Accountable for the overall quality and timeliness of the production workflows
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions in a professional manner to the satisfaction of clients
- Forecast resource needs and allocate assigned resources to assure completion of established objectives within budgetary and schedule guidelines
- Assume accountability checks ensuring completion of projects within specified time frame and budget
- Advise senior leadership to provide pragmatic approaches when creating printed and electronic commutations
- Provide holistic solutions to ensure the long-term sustainability of the business
This position will ensure that project schedules are being met, identify risks and escalate information as needed, and provide ongoing project status reports to senior leadership. This position may also directly lead projects for large and/or key clients as needed.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and directs the work of department personnel.
- Establishes effective communication with leaders and executives across various departments.
- Works closely with in-house print shop and internal requestors to promote relationships, products and services, and ensure that client needs are met with quality levels of service.
- Participates in continuous improvements to current project procedures.
- Responsible for personnel management actions, including hiring, training, performance management, and other associated administrative tasks.
- Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department, and manages the department budget.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in Planet Press, Frame Maker, OpenText, or similar flexible content creation platforms a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Pro-active and detail oriented.
- Proficiency in data merge applications
- Proven leadership skills and a self-starter who can operate in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage, develop, and mentor others.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’ s Degree highly preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in content driven production environment.
- 5+ years of experience in variable data.