300 Interstate North Parkway SE Atlanta, GA 30339-2403 | Contract To Hire
Design, develop, code, install, debug and test software at an expert professional level – acting as a consultative subject matter expert for enhancements and new products. Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, code, install, debug and test a broad range of complex software solutions, while demonstrating expert level professional expertise of data flow through full systems architecture and implementation, exercising, up to and including leading others in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determine operating feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions, proactively identifying creative and effective alternatives.
- Partner collaboratively with the business and project team to accomplish tasks/milestones/goals.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policy and procedures.
- Provide estimates of work effort and impact of projects and tasks, and provide team leadership, as required.
- Update, distribute and provide business consultation of job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’ s Degree in computer science or related field, or its equivalent
- 10 years of related experience in full cycle software development and architecture, to include 5 years at the subject matter expert level, with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Consultative level knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Consultative level proficiency to resolve and lead the resolution a wide range of moderately complex business problems and opportunities where analysis of data requires considerable and evaluation of complex and identifiable factors.
- Demonstrated proficiency to communicate and coordinate projects in a team leadership capacity.
- Excellent and demonstrated communication skills (verbal, written, wiki and white-boarding).
- Expert and consultative level technical software design, debugging, documentation, and testing skills, requiring application of extensive technical knowledge and skills at the subject matter expert level necessary to complete and document projects
- Expert knowledge with optimizing mobile HTML applications for performance (speed, memory usage, etc) a strong plus
- Expert level proficiency of professional software development processes and concepts, with the ability to lead and teach others, and provide consultative software development services to the business.
- Expert level proficiency, with considerable breadth of comprehensive knowledge in required code(s) development in area of specialization.