3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339 | Direct Hire
This role provides a unique opportunity for a senior technical leader and program management leader to help grow and manage the store management system (ERP and Point-of-Sale) for a 6, 000+ store management system implementation. Based in Atlanta, this leader will play a key role in transitioning solution from vendor and sustainable grown of this platform through the execution and operation of key initiatives, ensuring we are maximizing investments in our technology platforms and following industry best practices in the planning and execution of our initiatives
Technical Responsibilities include:
- Provide subject-matter expertise regarding technology platforms across the enterprise in order to most effectively leverage company assets while adhering to architectural best practices and ensuring fully integrated solutions
- Develop past, present and future state architecture documentation for the solution architecture library
- Lead design and architecture discussions for store technology platforms engaging with other solution architects and enterprise architects within various business units
- Review and approve designs for both internal and vendor teams planned use of company standard platforms and other associated extensions and integrations
- Provide program management leadership to store technology initiatives serving as both a technical advisor and project execution expert to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of initiatives
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Provide program management leadership to store platform initiatives serving as both a technical advisor and project execution expert to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of digital initiatives
- Work with and project managers and business analysts to develop and detailed technical requirements documentation
- Work closely with project management to estimate and forecast resource needs, labor spend and project duration
- Rigorously monitor competitor activities and industry trends in order to take preemptive and responsive actions as appropriate.
- Drive the standardization and consolidation of digital vendors and tools across the enterprise. Oversee the selection of new tools and vendors.
- Provide oversight for operational support and digital platforms performance monitoring toolset(s).
- As needed, rapidly troubleshoot and debug solutions and recommend fixes
- Provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site, offshore and vendor teams.
- Validate and revise as necessary current store technology standards and policies. Ensure compliance and recommend changes to corporate and industry standards and policies.
Other Responsibilities and Activities
- Participate as a leader in the Enterprise Architecture team. This group provides technical/architectural leadership, governance and program management, research, evangelization, resources, strategic and operational support, and infrastructure for a variety of business capabilities delivered through a combination of internal and external resources.
- Working with other leaders, define the vision for store technology platform and other technologies at GPC and collaborate with each subsidiary to establish differentiated strategies and tactics to achieve our missions and goals. Contribute to the overall corporate and subsidiary business strategies.
- Collaborate and coordinate with partners across subsidiaries, functions (e.g. sales, marketing, IT, strategy, product management, etc.), and geographies to execute all aspects of the digital strategies and tactics worldwide.
- Participate as a leader of the team responsible for store technologies and the day-to-day business operations across the enterprise, and drive profitable growth in key performance indicators.
- Work with the team responsible for corporate and store technologies and the day-to-day business operations across the enterprise, and drive profitable growth in key performance indicators by ensuring their knowledge of how to maximize store platform and other technologies.
- Deliver a desired store experience representative of our owners and field management experience and that takes that engagement to the next level by understanding the needs and expectation of the store operator/owner.
- Working with other technology leaders, continually evolve and enhance the customer experience to improve customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention.
- A strong background and experience implementing ERP systems – SAP, Dynamics, etc. preferred
- Experience with the transitioning and re-architecting of large code base / off the shelf products
- Other technology experience ideal including: JBoss, WebLogic, Java, C++, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Scala, HSQLDB, Oracle Forms, Java Swing, Jasper, Canoo, Vaadin, Struts, Raw Sockets, RMI, HornetQ, EHCache, JLDAP, Hibernate
- BS or BA in a related field or significant relevant work experience
- 10+ years in information technology
- Subject-matter expertise in the areas of solution & technology research, cost analysis, risk identification, implementation strategies
- Expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, diagramming & documentation, software / technology evaluation and selection
- Experience collaborating with departmental leadership in order to establish, communicate and maintain technology standards.
- Strong technical understanding including past development experience of N-Tier applications and service-oriented architecture including: databases (OLAP, OLTP) and middle-ware (Java APIs, Java Web Services)
- Successful track record of managing both onshore and offshore vendor relationships to ensure that SLAs are met
- Excellent communication skills, including meeting facilitation and team leadership