2800 Overlook Pky Atlanta, GA 30339 | Direct Hire
The Corporate Accounting Department is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Payroll Manager located in Atlanta.
Qualified Candidates will possess Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and five to seven of experience in diverse payroll functions, CPP certification is preferable. The right candidate will be analytical with strong problem solving skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, posses a strong commitment to customer service, ability to maintain confidence and protect Human Resources/Payroll information by keeping information confidential, attention to detail a must; ability to work with extreme accuracy under pressure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Process the complete payroll cycle for multiple state payroll as well as manage all aspects of year end process (W-2's; 1099's; federal, state and local tax filings, etc.), payroll tax reporting, integration of payroll process for newly acquired companies.
- Effectively manage 3 associates within the corporate payroll department
- Maintain awareness of current practices in payroll processing, and inform the company about changes in all current payroll and tax regulations and laws and policies.
- Process improvement and implementation of changes and improvements for greater efficiencies in payroll processes, will be a key factor in the role as well.
- Oversee a variety of complex accounting functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification and reconciliation of payroll/benefit records and payment of funds.
- Interpret, explain, and comply with negotiated contracts, prescribed laws, rules, regulations, and procedures; monitor, audit, reconcile, and balance a variety of data and transactions.
- Partner with HR and IT to support upgrades, customizations and interfaces for Workday and KRONOS.
- Understand complex issues related to reporting the earnings of expatriates will be beneficial.
- Proven skills and proficiencies in procedures, government/state statutory guidelines, and basic rules governing Payroll processes.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Workday and KRONOS (or similar applications)
- Computer literate in Microsoft suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a sense of urgency in completing tasks.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to juggle multiple commitments and plan assignments in order to meet deadlines.