PHP Software Engineer
4125 Lorain Ave Cleveland, OH 44113 | Direct Hire
PHP Software Engineer (2 roles)
About the Role:
Plain and simple, we are looking for experienced PHP developers.
- You will develop and maintain new and existing PHP web applications in our agile environment.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into deployed applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, and more.
- Experience writing PHP-based applications
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
Nice to Haves:
- CakePHP framework experience.
- Ruby or Ruby on Rails experience.
- Experience with payments processing and/or Social API’ s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- All the coffee you can drink.
- Full Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision with company contribution
- Matching 401k
- Macs or Linux desktops, Big ‘ ol monitors, two if you need ‘ em
- We pick people, over degrees… and reward awesomeness.