PBX-KEY System QA Tech
3929 W John Carpenter Freeway Irving, TX 75063 | Contract
Conducts visual/dimensional/mechanical inspections, and performs electrical/functional tests and inspections on a variety of PBX and KEY products and materials. Identifies acceptability and communicate/recommends the disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures.
Candidates who have worked for Telecom or technical companies are highly preferred, although not mandatory.
We need someone who is reliable, easy going, conscious, and on-time to work. They must be able to follow detailed written instructions and drawings, inspect products for workmanship standards and communicate detailed findings in writing. Products being tested include phones, PBX and Key systems and parts. Some items are new, some are customer returns. Some will be checked to be assure they power up for functionality, check for proper labeling, some will be tested using Client’s custom testing equipment and laptops. Items will either be accepted and put into inventory, or rejected and documented reason why.
Candidates submitted must have cleared prior background screening.
This position is covering for someone on medical leave. Assignment will be about 12 weeks but could be extended.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up test equipment, conducts visual/dimensional/mechanical inspections, and performs electrical/functional tests on PBX, KEY, and biometrics products in accordance with established methods/procedures.
- Ability to test windows and non-windows based products and execute manual test plans previously devised by the Quality or Engineering Teams and observe and document results.
- Identifies acceptability of products/materials and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures/drawings/documents.
- Inspection and verification of incoming and possibly some outgoing material
- Verify products according to part specification and documentation
- Must be able to follow detailed test procedures
- Must have some QA inspection background
- May have to verify documentations for accuracy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or the equivalent plus a minimum of two years of mechanical/electrical inspection/testing experience required.
- Basic knowledge of repetitive/simple mathematical formulas and familiar with Component Identification and ESD/Material Handling also required.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable working with SAP, Windows Operating systems, email, and other office suite products.
- Excellent written and communication skills required, and must be detail-oriented
- This position may occasionally require some heavy lifting of boxes and material no heavier than 35 pounds.
- This position may involve very minimal over time if any at all.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication, listening, customer service skills
- Ability to display strength working closely with vendors, customers and other team members in Development, Engineering, Product Management and Technical Support teams
- Excellent professional business manners
- Ability to work effectively and independently and add value as a team member
- Visual QA Incoming inspection and some testing may be required according to test procedures.
Communicate detailed inspection findings and disposition of material via emails
- Data entry for product movement using SAP functions
- Familiarity with IPC-610A workmanship standard is a plus
- Be computer literate