2170 Piedmont Road Atlanta, GA 30324 | Direct Hire
Education: Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; and 10+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: The IT Manager role is a technical management position that coordinates a team effort but also executes on the technical implementations and day to day support activities and projects. The IT Manager must have strong written communication skills and highly effective oral communications with Network team and executive level management. Outstanding leaderships skills with the ability to manage a team of highly technical engineers with technical implementations and day to day support. Delegate technical responsibilities, monitor and report progress of projects including any changes or project related risk. Work closely with the project manager during all phases of project lifecycle. Provides “ownership” of problem thru final resolution and provide RCA in regards to the issue. Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and project development efforts. Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations. Highly self-motivated and directed individual with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Maintains a high awareness and knowledge of technology; but is focused on the business application of the technology rather than on the technology itself. The Network Manager must be able to explicitly state how the technical environments are to be managed, maintained, upgraded, and provide documentation where required to optimize uptime and system efficiency.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure/support manuals.
- Ability to define problems and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to perform as technical lead on projects and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage a team of highly technical engineers with technical implementations and day to day support. Confers with management and peers to reach consensus on related standards and procedures.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Manages and coordinates implementation of proposed solutions.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with all levels within the organization and maintains professional working relationships with same.
- Able to present to executives and other non-technical resources.
- Maintains technical awareness and is positioned to evaluate emerging technologies for applicability to current business plans.
- Experienced with mergers & acquisitions integration.
- Learn quickly and show initiative when needed to implement new technologies and when resolving difficult support issues
- Design, engineer, document, and implement distributed enterprise environments as well as cross training support technicians on new technologies implemented.
- Successfully work with Executives, Project Managers, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Developers, Business Analysts, System Testers, Server Support Technicians, and end users in the implementation of small and large IT solutions.
- Assist, mentor, and cross train lower tier personnel troubleshooting, design, engineering, support and maintenance.
- Perform and present employee reviews.
- Other duties as assigned by management.