255 Fiserv Drive Brookfield, WI 53045 | Contract
Network Engineer IV
The DSM Network Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery and support of infrastructure solutions to our customers. Working with Development, Product, and other Delivery teams, the candidate will design, deliver, maintain, and support infrastructure solutions that are technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meet the requirements of the business.
• Ensure the integrity and availability of the data transmitted to/from/through the enterprise networks
• Architect, Design, and implement enterprise grade network infrastructure solutions to protect and support direct consumer facing solutions
• Define and document a 3 year network technology vision/roadmap for the consumer facing solutions network
• Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to develop Network Designs for internally hosted solution that include redundancy, diversity, as well as provide direction and recommendations concerning touch-points.
• Support Product Selection Processes by creating a detailed evaluation protocols, work with vendors, and evaluate proposed solutions.
• Provisioning and deployment of new systems
• Responsible for establishing test criteria and validating the technology or deployment.
• Work across several teams to restore service rapidly during an escalated incident
• Technical leadership for project based assignments
• Providing technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
• Performance tuning, and crash dump analysis; Analyze the root cause of incidents
• Identify opportunities for system automation and process improvement
• Create in-depth documentation of processes and system configuration
• Provide and receive cross training to/from immediate support team
• Drive Continual Service Improvement
• Script development for repeatable processes
• . Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field OR a High School diploma and 8+ years of professional work experience in a related role.
Certifications: (If applicable)
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certifications are a plus.
Job Related Experience:
Years of experience – 5+ Experience with IP designs, NAT, IP routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP), Spanning-tree, HSRP
o Experience with Cisco: Cisco IOS, Cisco Catalyst / Nexus Product Lines, Cisco CSS/ACE, Cisco VSS, F5, NetScaler
o Experience with the HP Network Automation tool is a plus.
o Experience with designing high-available networks, including both system and component level redundancy and the associated technologies to accomplish HA.
o Experience with layer 2 technologies.
o Experience with establishing vendor and/or service selection criteria to make product and other technology related selections and document the entire process as well as present the selection to a committee of peers.
o Experience with technology or feature testing in a lab and other environments.
o Experience working in a structured environment that requires change control processes in accordance with company policies, for execution of implementations and changes to the network environment, as it relates to the installation of the data center network.
o Experience with creating, updating and coordinating the implementation plan for all network related items.
o Experience providing connectivity to systems from one data center to another, involving IP design, NAT scheme, routing scheme and overall architecture.
o Knowledge of firewall technology also is a must.
o Experience with data center networking in a virtualized server environment (VMWare) is a plus.
Additional Skills/Knowledge: (Optional)
• Firewall Configuration / Management Experience
• Experience in managing a multi-tenant data center environment.
• Knowledge of MS Visio to document network designs.
• Experience with networking virtualized server systems in a large data center environment is a plus.
• Passion to stay current with industry standards, new technologies and best practices through attending extensive training and performing research.
• High organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
• Experience administering network automation tools
• Ability to document test plans.