300 Kimball Drive, Suite 300 Parsippany, NJ 07054 | Contract
The Network Engineer is responsible for design and development of network services and technologies to meet client and business unit requirements. The primary objective is to identify optimal networking and communications solutions that deliver long term capabilities, capacity, reliability and resiliency for the business units and clients to successfully maintain and grow their business operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
This role involves understanding of the client and business unit requirements, and designing and deploying optimal networking and connectivity solutions that enable clients and business units to achieve their operational and business goals. Making technology decisions as they relate to the overall network architecture and associated technologies. This includes (but is not limited to) IP addressing; possibly creating schemes to resolve IP addressing conflicts; route conflicts, switching, routing protocols, load-balancing and route selection technologies that may include VRF and policy-based routing, policy-based load-balancing, etc. Day-to-day interaction with telecom providers, equipment suppliers and 3rd party network vendors, to engage their technical resources to perform tasks. Role sometimes requires scheduling and attendance on overnight maintenance windows. Resource can expect to routinely be called upon to analyze and interpret traffic and utilization of services on network connections. Participation in disaster recovery exercises, pre-production certification testing and troubleshooting events is expected. Coordinate internal operations to meet and exceed data communications project expectations including but not limited to engineering/development, certifications testing, Network and IT Operations, capacity planning and production readiness. Accountable for resolving all project level, cross-functional, partnership issues and escalations. Manage partner/client expectations for data communications connectivity and related services to products and applications, throughout project(s) lifecycle. Client expectations include functionality, cost, delivery schedule, support readiness and relationships (usually working directly with senior level technical resources, project managers and business decision makers at client). Performs other duties as required.
- College degree or comparable certification in IT (CCNA/CCNP), telecommunications, computer science, or related field is preferred.
- Hands on experience in layer-3 protocols (EIGRP, BGP, etc), route distribution, route filtering, etc. Hands on experience configuring and upgrading Cisco IOS. (ACL's, SNMP, IPSEC, VPN, Router Security).
- Hands on experience using MS Visio network design software.
- Hands on experience with QOS, NAT/PAT, MPLS, Frame Relay, ATM, VPN, VoIP.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required in design, planning, coordination and implementation of technology projects among multiple telecom and equipment vendors and customers.