Network Engineer III
2900 Westside Pkwy Alpharetta, GA 30004 | Contract
Network Engineer III
The Network Engineer is responsible for design and development of network services and technologies to meet client and business unit requirements. Primary objective is to identify optimal networking and communications solutions that deliver long term capabilities, capacity, reliability and resiliency for the business units and clients to successfully maintain and grow their business operations
• This role involves understanding of the client and business unit requirements, and designing and deploying optimal networking and connectivity solutions that enable clients and business units to achieve their operational and business goals.
• Required to prepare recommendations and supporting details for formal proposals for network connectivity and configurations.
• Day-to-day interaction with telecom providers, equipment suppliers and 3rd party network vendors, to engage their technical resources to perform tasks.
• Role sometimes requires scheduling and attendance on overnight maintenance windows.
• Resource can expect to routinely be called upon to analyze and interpret traffic and utilization of services on network connections.
• Participation in disaster recovery exercises, pre-production certification testing and troubleshooting events is expected.
• Coordinate internal operations to meet and exceed data communications project expectations (including but not limited to engineering/development, certifications testing, Network and IT Operations, capacity planning and production readiness.
• Accountable for resolving all project level, cross-functional, partnership issues and escalations.
• Manage partner/client expectations for data communications connectivity and related services to products and applications, throughout project(s) lifecycle. Client expectations include functionality, cost, delivery schedule, support readiness and relationships (usually working directly with senior level technical resources, project managers and business decision makers at client).
• High organizational skills
• Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance
• Capable of exercising discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
• Travel on occasion
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• College degree or comparable certification in IT, telecommunications, computer science, or related field is preferred.
• 5+ years experience required in design, planning, coordination and implementation of technology projects among multiple telecom and equipment vendors and customers.
- Hands on experience in layer-2 protocols (Spanning-tree), HSRP
- Hands on experience in layer-3 protocols (EIGRP, BGP), route distribution, router fitering
- Hands on experience configuring Cisco IOS
- Hands on experience Cisco Nexus equipment and OS
- Prior experience with VRF, NAT/PAT
- Load balancer configurations (ACE, Netscaler, Foundry, F5)
- Cisco Certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE)
- Cisco ASA, PIX and/or Checkpoint Firewall Experience
- Prior experience with Spectrum
- Prior experience with monitoring tools and scripting