Manager, Security Advisory
5850 Granite Parkway, Suite 1200 plano, GA 75024 | Direct Hire
• As Security responsibilities shift to the initial phases of product and functional development, the Manager, Security Advisory will be responsible for developing the process that will provide security guidance and advisory services in formulating project requirements and designs for Application delivery and infrastructure projects.
• Review and contribute to design of security controls to cover key information technology applications, infrastructure and capabilities, including: identity & access management; endpoint and server protections, network security, database security, mobile device security, data protection, cloud security and solution development.
• Lead the application and understanding of the new security advisory process and resulting reports/recommendations throughout the enterprise. Serve as the process “ evangelist” so that all functional areas of the business are aware of the value added by a successful secure application, project or function.
• Build and maintain solid working relationships with Information Technology, Application Delivery, Infrastructure, Architecture, Legal, Compliance and other business stakeholders, to maintain and improve processes for implementing security requirements.
• Educate and inform Business Technology Services leadership about upcoming security industry and regulatory changes, emerging threats, and the latest trends.
• Contribute to the information security knowledge base by maintaining records of collaboration and review exercises, recommendations, findings and other observations gained during consulting activities.
• Contribute to information security policies and standards, procedures and other documentation as needed to improve information security capabilities.
• Assist the Director, Information Security Advisory, with management activities as needed.
• Travel - could be 25% to 50% with some international
Experience and Knowledge
• Deep technical knowledge and experience of at least two of the following information technology and security control areas: application security, business applications (web and non-web), system platforms, storage, directory services, end user computing, and network (physical, virtual, internal, cloud).
• Experience collaborating with globally-positioned offices or business partners.
• Demonstrated strength in organized written and verbal communications.
• 7+ years’ experience in Information Technology / Enterprise Information Security
• 4+ years’ experience performing security assessments (or leading security assessments) for a large enterprise.
• 4+ years SME level work experience in related areas of Information Security Engineering, Architecture, Security Design, Application Development, Application Security, Security Operations and/or Cloud Security.
• Working knowledge of security standards frameworks (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, GDPR, COBIT, NIST, OWASP, CSA)
• Understanding of financial services industry highly desired. Payment Card experience preferred.
• Must have demonstrated ability to lead a team of security analysts and/or consultants.
• Adaptable, Motivated self-starter
Minimum: Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or related field or commensurate experience. Professional security or technical IT certification preferred (examples may include: CISM, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, MCSA, CCNP, RHCE, RHCA, others accepted)
Master’ s Degree or commensurate experience
3-5 years managing a team of security professionals