Linux Systems Engineer
950 East Paces Ferry Road NE Suite #2600 Atlanta, GA 30326 | Direct Hire
- Develops scripts to automate software releases and maintenance activities across the enterprise.
- Manage and Maintain Services such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, and TLS.
- Support applications such as HAProxy, NGiNX, Tomcat, JBoss, Unicorn, etc.
- Support Various Database solutions such as MySQL, Oracle, Mongo, and Redis
- Development of monitoring scripts to ensure services and applications are running healthy.
- Work closely with development teams to troubleshoot issues and implementing changes to the environments
- Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct issues and other operational problems.
- Rotational on-call responsibilities
Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
- 2+ years of system administration experience in a large heterogeneous Linux/Windows environment is required.
- 2+ years of experience with virtualization technologies and or cloud platforms
- 2+ years of experience with System Configuration Management tools such as Puppet
- Strong background experience and understanding of Linux based operating systems – RedHat/CentOS/Scientific Linux preferred
- Experience with SMTP and related features such as email domain segmentation, DKIM, SPF, etc.
- Experience with databases, both SQL and NoSQL, from a systems perspective.
- Designing automated scripts to improve efficiency
- Experience supporting mission critical 24x7x365, high availability, high volume environments
- Works well in a collaborate environment, as well as independently
- Able to resolve IT issues and escalations in a timely manner (appropriate sense of urgency)
- Basic understanding of the HTTP Transport including HTTP Headers and Cookies
- Experience with container services specifically Docker and Docker Swarm
- Experience with ELK and centralized logging management.