Linux Systems Admin
1070 Bannock St Denver, CO 80204 | Direct Hire
Role: Linux System Admin
Location: Denver, CO (Golden Triangle)
We are looking for a talented Linux Systems Administrator to manage our Server Services Program. The perfect candidate has a passion for systems administration and loves to continuously improve. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, pro-active, exhibit grace under pressure and love the challenge of conquering complex problems. This role provides the opportunity to work with an entrepreneurial team and benefit from the stability of our 11-year-old business.
- Management and consultation of large scale web application and mobile projects
- Deploy, upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications per project or operational needs
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions, hardening of web servers
- Managing and building the client relationship
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Oversee security patching and updating
- Maintaining and effectively communicating overall issue resolution status to internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritizing tasks and effectively managing day-to-day tasks/issues/priorities
- Conduct disaster recovery implementation and execution
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary
- Webserver Experience; Apache, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Cache Clusters (Memcache/Redis), Domain Name Resolution, Load Balancing (Elastic Load Balancing/Nginx/HAProxy,
- Help estimate web server load/cost for clients
- Maintain network infrastructure for a small office
- 4+ years related work experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Demonstrated ability to provide application/business roadmaps
- System Architecture Experience
- Experience managing large or complex projects and products
- Proven track record of successful issue resolution of varying size and complexity
- Experience with Mobile Applications, Website, Web-applications related projects
- Strong analytical, tactical, organizational, and administrative skills
- Sound judgment and personal integrity
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop a rapport with people at all levels of an organization.
- Willing to do whatever it takes to achieve reasonable customer objectives.
- A passion for continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage stressful situations.
- Loves the Colorado culture and dogs.
- Experience with helpdesk type environments for troubleshooting office equipment
- Cisco WLAN Configuration/Maintenance Experience