Lead Technical Architect
3400 new hyde park rd New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract To Hire
- Collaborate across business, engineering and product stakeholders to drive holistic technology implementations while maintaining a constant focus on delivering client value
- Lead the application and software/solution architecture practice across engineering scrum teams while exposing project and solution related architectural issues to the wider architecture team
- Lead and participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives
- Facilitate integration, alignment and excellent communication within the solution group and across the enterprise
- Work with other architects and senior technologists to curate and maintain a technology portfolio for the group that is aligned with the goals of the enterprise
- Provide educational/mentoring resources to architecture and engineering teams
- Define and evangelize design, modeling and continuous delivery methodologies in an Enterprise Agile environment
- Consult with architecture, development, infrastructure and operational teams to address issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend solutions
- Work across the solution group to evaluate emerging technologies, and drive the evolution of current technologies, defining a roadmap which increases the value of technology to the business, while collaborating with architects across the enterprise to accelerate learning
- Mentor scrum teams with best DevOps practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, M.S. or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years total software development experience required
- 5+ years of experience with technical design for enterprise level projects
- 3+ years of experience with technologies for large volume data processing
- Experience in the implementation of design and architectural processes in an Enterprise Agile environment spanning multiple geographic locations
- Experience designing and implementing high volume event processing pipelines, using tools such as Spark and Kafka.
- Strong Scala or Java skills and functional programming experience.
- Experience with Amazon AWS technologies, both IaaS and PaaS, with a focus on highly scalable cloud-native architectural patterns, especially EMR, Kinesis, and Redshift
- Experience with dev-ops tools and culture.
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, as well as logical and physical data modeling. Experience with massively parallel, distributed analytics database systems a plus.