Lead Technical Architect
3003 Summit Boulevard Atlanta, GA 30319 | Direct Hire
The Technical Lead Architect is responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet non-functional (e.g. performance, security, and operational considerations) requirements in support of a given initiative. The Technical Lead Architect plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architect’ s technical solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and in technology evaluation and selection.
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
Technical Architecture Development
- Develops the logical and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives, and collaborates with project teams to realize them.
- Identifies necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, operational concerns) and participates in the development of conceptual architecture.
- Evaluates technology, security, performance, availability, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Recommends options for the resolution/prevention of technical debt and to facilitate rapid development and implementation.
- Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical development, and where possible, makes recommendations for improvement.
- Contributes performance, security, and operational items to backlog of development team.
- Provides technical guidance and oversight, acts as a point of escalation and serves as a technical expert on projects.
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders.
- Mentors on business knowledge, technology, and career guidance.
- Assists in the identification, analysis, and resolution of technology infrastructure problems.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal applications of technology to meet business needs.
- Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies.
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology, as well as the design of standard configurations for a project.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 8 plus years of working experience as a practicing architect
- Experience with complex large data sets
- Experience in technology delivery, especially in Internet environments
- Experience with relevant operating system environments
- Experience as a technical architect.
- Experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale software implementations with design and hands-on development using open-source based frameworks
- Experience in multi-tier enterprise architecture environments
- Experience with relevant database technologies
Additional Preferred skills include
- Master’ s degree in related field