7700 Windrose Avenue Plano, TX 75023
As a Senior Java Developer, you will develop and maintain full stack code on Heroku platform working in an agile environment. Be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter.
- Write high-quality code in Java on Heroku.
- Be an active member of a cross-technical agile development team and contribute effectively in all agile ceremonies including backlog grooming, sprint planning, user stories definitions, execution, retros, product releases.
- Take accountability and ownership of the quality of the java code base.
- Minimum 5+ years as a Java developer and related technologies (spring framework, springboot, hibernate)
- Minimum 2 years of Agile experience (Scrum or Kanban).
- Demonstrates sound engineering practices including daily commits, peer reviews, static code analysis, automated unit testing, automated acceptance testing, pipelines & continuous delivery.
- Demonstrate ability to write effective unit testcases on at least one Java Unit Testing framework.
- Ability to use any one schema migration tool like liquibase.
- Ability to effectively use static code analyzers to track and minimize code complexity.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- At least 1 year professional experience in Heroku.
- Completed Heroku Development Trailhead. https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/trails/heroku_enterprise.
- Some minimal exposure to Salesforce.
- Experience with TDD tools like Mockito.
- Some experience with CLI for Heroku, AWS, Azure or Cloud Foundry.
- Writing restful web services.
- Ability to troubleshoot web application frontend problems.
- Experience in nodejs.