ITC Security Engineer
2170 Piedmont Road Atlanta, GA 30324 | Contract To Hire
ITC Security Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, analyzes, designs, tests, and implements new or vendor-supplied security software solutions. Provides up- to-date documentation and procedures on security software product administration.
- Provides security-consulting services to all departments and project teams requiring representatives from IT
- Provides security expertise and recommendations to protect all resources.
- Conducts periodic security audit reviews and risk assessments.
- Maintains knowledge of security concepts, access control mechanisms, policies and procedures. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the security field through training, reading appropriate literature, attending related seminars and conferences and hosting product demonstrations.
- Develop security policy, procedure, password standards and controls.
- Perform periodic reviews of process controls and technical controls to ensure continuous adherence to SOX compliance.
- Define, establish and manage security risk metrics and track effectiveness.
- Administers systems security, audits, and network access and security operations.
- Performs penetration tests, identifies exposure and risks, and reports findings to management. Analyzes exposures and risks to recommend appropriate security solutions.
- Develops programming solutions to streamline security administrative procedures, which include access request tracking procedures, project management reports and other security related reports.
- Provides guidance for protection against detecting and eradicating viruses. Performs investigative work to identify the cause of the infection and executes computer programs to eradicate the virus that was reported.
- Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and practices
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities and the ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of best practices in developing security standards and processes
- Knowledge of network systems and security protocols
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems architecture, security controls, hardening, testing and monitoring tools preferred
- Experience with anti-virus software, firewalls, vulnerability management, and intrusion detection systems
- Experience with forensics and incident response a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate in a team and work independently
- Strong work ethics, attention to detail, organizational and customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Passionate about Information/IT security
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience with similar tasks/responsibilities
- CEH /COMPTIA/CISSP/Vendor certifications preferred
- Knowledge of PCI/SOX/ISO 27001 practices is a plus