IT Systems Administrator/Analyst
2060 Mt Paran Rd NW Suite 100 Atlanta, GA 30327 | Direct Hire
IT Systems Administrator/Systems Analyst
The IT Systems Administrator will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the bank. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading bank-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. This person supervises IT and is responsible for ensuring the integrity and security of all technology systems that support the bank’s customers as well as end users. This person is expected to learn emerging technologies and resolve any issues involved in integrating new technologies with existing systems. The IT Systems Administrator is a key technical resource, providing advice, training and technical support for various projects. This position also works closely with Senior Management in evaluating current systems and aligning business objectives with the strategy for technology.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, and software applications.
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline, and discharge.
- Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, offices, new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Supervise and provide end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Responsible for compliance with FDIC and State banking regulations and is the point of contact for external auditors and examiners.
- Responsible for monitoring and oversight of daily, monthly, and quarterly reports from Network vendors.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsource, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve complex hardware problems on bank computer systems; perform advanced hardware repairs, maintenance, technical assistance, and support on a range of PC computers and peripherals.
- Provide troubleshooting support for escalated software and hardware problems. Coordinate vendor assistance when required.
- Install and maintain desktop computer hardware; including computers, monitors, printers, modems, internal cards, and other computer equipment.
- Respond to after-hours system problem calls. Travel to branch locations as needed.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and troubleshooting in the resolution of system communications failures and conflicts.
- Review, prioritize, and process problem reports; document the progress of projects.
- Maintain systems compliance with bank security policies and procedures.
- Provide Strategic Planning information to Senior Management.
- IT Team Leader for Disaster Recovery.
- Contributing member of the IT Steering Committee.
- Review existing and compose new policies as needed, subject to review by Senior Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BS or BA degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related technology degree.
- At least five (5) years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A directly related higher degree from an accredited institution may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
- MCSE, CCNA, VCP or 5 additional years of field experience.
- Ability to work productively in teams.
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Must be flexible and be willing to work additional hours as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Possess a strong background in the Windows OS and Windows Server OS, Cisco Networking, and Virtualization (VMware), Advanced knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Ability to diagnose and rectify a wide range of complex computer hardware and software problems.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide advanced technical assistance and comprehensive problem resolution to end users.
- Ability to install and configure computer systems, hardware, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
- Advanced skill to maintain, repair, and provide technical support of a variety of computer systems hardware and software across a wide range of bank operating units
- Performance of complex upgrades on a wide variation of operating systems, including systems integration and customization
- Analysis and resolution of complex computer applications and systems problems for multiple clientele
- Provision of in-depth technical assistance to end user support staff.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- May at times be on-call or requested to work an evening or weekend shift.
- Local travel and non-local travel may be required via both ground and air transportation. Travel 0 – 25%.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 60 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than two (2) hours per day.
- Little or very limited exposure to physical risk.