IT Project Manager
One Porsche Drive Atlanta, GA 30354
IT Project Manager
Responsible for managing assigned IT projects and ensuring compliance to defined methodologies and standards. Responsible for converting business requests into project requests. Prepare senior management reports on project status. Ensures projects are delivered on-time, on budget per approved scope and at a high degree of quality. Able to individually manage at least 1 large scale project or multiple concurrent small-medium scale projects/sub-projects.
- Able to direct the activities of assigned internal & external resources in the execution of assigned projects.
- Ensures all assigned projects conform to standards including: vendor selection, vendor management, technology & development standards, critical success factors, status & management reporting, documentation per project methodology and financial accounting and controls.
- Report in to the IT Project Manager for accurate reporting in the IT project portfolio
- Works closely with other IT teams, procurement, finance and business units in the approval and deployment of assigned projects.
- Ensures local project tasks are met, escalating problems to management in a controlled formal manner.
- Ensures assigned internal and external resources are sufficient to meet project demands during both planning and execution (resource planning).
- Ensures project metrics are regularly tracked and reported.
- Assist in the preparation of annual IT project budgets, as required
- Responsible for the proper usage of, awareness of, and compliance with Information Technology security policies.
- Seeks to ensure proper retention of electronic documents, business confidential information, and actively demonstrates an understanding of the need to safeguard competitive information in both electronic and non-electronic formats
- 4-year Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration or comparable experience.
- 3 to 5 years general IT experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Project management methodologies
- IT budget management
- Vendor management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert level proficiency in MSOffice suite of products: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access
- Macro development (visual basic knowledge is a plus)
- Process methodology/optimization background
- Technical Knowledge
- Planning and Organization