IT Project Manager IV
2900 Westside Pkwy Alpharetta, GA 30004 | Contract
Sr. Project Manager
- Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
- Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
- Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to:
- Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
- Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
- Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
- Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of the organization.
- Remove any impediments in the team
- Project closure emphasizing on lessons learnt and creation of knowledge sharing documents.
- Ensure all project issues and showstoppers are resolved and all risks have mitigations in place.