IT Product Specialist
3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339 | Direct Hire
- Serves as a liaison between the business stakeholders and technology solution providers. Solicits feedback, facilitates communication, and clarifies direction of modifications needed.
- Works with business stakeholders and customer advisory boards on product strategy, roadmap, and priorities.
- Remains an active participant throughout the solution delivery process to ensure that stakeholder needs are being met.
- Participates actively in and is a sponsor of beta and pilot programs.
- Works with customer-facing teams to monitor functionality issues and drive product quality improvements.
- Works with technical writing team to ensure product documentation is accurate and complete.
- Engages actively in the release management process to ensure critical product improvements are delivered timely.
- Serves as project sponsor with vendors and internal teams.
- Provides training and product support to customer-facing staff to increase knowledge of software products.
- Uses Jira and Clarity tools to track change requests for future product enhancements.
- Develops strong knowledge of competitor’ s solutions.
- Develops strong knowledge of industry store technology solutions.
- Manages legacy system roadmap items and ensures alignment with replacement system.
- Manages the Product Backlog including generation and prioritization of the list of user stories to be completed by the development team.
- Creates acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Signs-off functionality during development demos and to be deployed in production.
- Creates a vision of the product area and communicates it to the functional team members and the development team.
- Accountable for good economic decision-making during sprint and release planning.
- 7+ years of IT experience with the most recent 5+ years dedicated to software product management
- Bachelor’ s degree, or equivalent experience, required (MBA preferred).
- Experience product management experience required.
- Background in software requirements and design strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain end-to-end knowledge of complex enterprise class software products and use that knowledge to field questions from diverse audiences including business executives, technical and store operations resources.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and address audiences of business executives, store owners and store operations personnel.