IT Iteration Manager
3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339 | Direct Hire
It Iteration Manager
The Iteration Manager is expected to do what is necessary to ensure that the project team can deliver above and beyond expectations while producing value to the organization. The successful candidate is responsible for making the project team become more agile by helping them work as effectively and efficiently as possible. In addition, this person will assist in the definition and maturation of processes to optimize efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have experience in DevOps, ERP, and Agile environments.
- Organize/facilitate/oversee Agile ceremonies (daily standup(s), iteration/release planning, story kickoffs, showcases, retrospectives, etc.) for assigned development team(s) including resulting action items
- Coach project team members in Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Coach self-organization, cross-functionality, and project delivery.
- Define and manage agile metrics for the team to aid in the team’ s continuous improvement
- Facilitates the investigation and resolution of production issues including facilitation of Root Cause Analysis and Post-Mortem meetings
- Manages and facilitates releases and production deployments
- Facilities long term planning for the team
- Assists team in managing dependencies on other teams (internal or external)
- Promote Agile practices where Agile has not yet been fully adopted and understood across the organization.
- Ensure accuracy of priority, content, and status of all story cards are managed and maintained.
- Ensures that backlog refinement is occurring during which prioritization and estimation are completed
- Stay in constant contact with other key personnel including but not limited to Project Management and Product Owners to ensure the highest priority items remain the primary focus
- Remove blockers to the project team progress
- Shield the project team from unnecessary distractions and interferences
- Keeps Project Management and Product Owners informed of the project team status and issues especially when the issues concern scope and time.
- 5+ years of Iteration Manager experience
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive issues to closure
- Proven experience in a large enterprise environment with multiple development teams
- Experience working with Kanban and Lean principles
- Experience with relative agile estimation (no-estimates forecasting experience is a plus)
- Experience with software development life-cycles (SDLC)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with third party development and infrastructure suppliers
- Demonstrated knowledge of various technologies including applications, databases, networking, telecommunications, and connectivity
- Prior technical and application development experience is desirable
- Bachelor' s degree in business administration (software development-related), computer science, or a related discipline with an information technology focus