900 Ashwood Park Suite 600 Atlanta, GA 30338 | Contract
IT Business Analyst
The IT Business Analyst will collaborate with Business and Information Technology stakeholders to gain a better understanding of the structure, policies and operations across the organization to ensure delivery of high performing customer facing technology solutions.
Manage project requirements from initiation through definition of done including: managing scope, resolving road blocks, eliciting and delivering requirements, communication, testing, and training while promoting best practices and standards.
- Engage with all project stakeholders both internally and externally including: Executive and IT Management, Project Sponsor, Product Owner, Subject Matter Experts and additional required resources to continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Responsible for eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, build vs buy analysis, task and workflow analysis for critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Create and deliver artifacts derived from functional requirements utilizing: Business Requirement Documents, Diagrams, User Stories and Mockups for development and subject matter acceptance to establish the technical vision and balance usability and performance needs
- Clearly communicate to and share accountability for project results, progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics with all project stakeholders
- Coordinate, Lead and Participate in the testing process, including creating and executing test scripts and facilitating User Acceptance Testing with the Implementation Team until the QA Team is established
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, and/or 5 -7 years related work experience
- 5-7 years’ experience eliciting and documenting requirements, including business requirements, functional requirements & technical requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in the utilization of enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
- Understanding of Agile Software Development Methodology
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project and Visio
- Experienced in on-demand collaboration utilizing online meeting and web conferencing applications
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage simultaneous projects and shift priorities based on business needs. Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrate a hands-on, collaborative approach; works well in a team.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma Green/Black Certification
- ITIL Foundations Certification