Helpdesk Technician I
5400 Highlands Parkway Smyrna, GA 30082
Helpdesk Technician I
- Act as a primary customer contact person for all internal and external customers.
- Accurately report all Information System failures and requests in real time.
- Accurately resolve all Level 1 issues in a timely fashion.
- Escalate failures to Level 2 technicians as required in a timely fashion.
- Meet or exceed all customer requirements pertaining to Information System support.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Analyze and prioritize issues to minimize customer “ down time” due to computer hardware or software failures.
- Log all customer issues into the incident management system and manage all issues to satisfactory resolution.
- Participate in a continuous program of training on software, hardware, systems, etc.
- Provide functional support for corporate applications
- Provide functional support for Microsoft Office.
- All other duties assigned by the Manager.
- Three to five years Customer Service and/or Customer Contact Center experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Advanced Computer and Application experience.
- Competence to understand technical documents and apply technical information to solve problems.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Capable of sitting in one location for extended periods in front of a computer while using the telephone.
- Ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate' s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating Platforms XP, and Windows 7. Skilled in the basic functions of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook versions 2007, and 2010. Ability to recognize and troubleshoot fundamental network communication issues. (Modems, Printers and Peripheral hardware)