190 Marietta St NW Atlanta, GA 30303
• Building highly scalable and highly available (or " Webscale" ) RESTful apps used for search and retrieval of content from large datasets.
• Working to provide a solid and stable solution to meet the demands of one of the largest news organizations in the world.
• Providing consistency across work breakdown and estimation so that the team can maintain a sustainable pace of development while also allowing for good forecasting.
• Mentoring a sharp and motivated team of developers to help raise the bar for team who is already excellent.
• Lending guidance towards software development best practices, such as fully automated testing, CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, and devops.
• 6+ years Web Development experience.
• 2-4 years of experience with advanced UI frameworks like React
• 2-4 years of experience with NodeJS
• 2-4 years of experience with MongoDB or other non-relational databases
• RESTful architectures
• Scaling, caching, and microservices (understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities and limitations.)
• CI/CD, build pipelines (jenkins, bamboo, circleci, etc…)
• Cloud based services, such as AWS, GCP, etc...
• A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any ‘ stack’
• Docker, Docker-compose
• Self-starter, knows how to work around dead ends, can pick something up on the fly
• Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills, familiarity with agile development methodologies