Director of Technical Product Management
5901 Peachtree Dunwoody Road atlanta, GA 30328
Director, Product Management
Fulltime role in Atlanta, GA (Perimeter)
- Work with the Strategy Team to ensure that team fully understands the market and competitive landscape, and that our products are positioned accordingly.
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
- Serve as a customer advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer.
- Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and quality before launch.
- Consistently adhere to defined processes.
- Capacity planning to ensure maximum team output.
- Guide Product Managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by engineering.
- Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
- Raise awareness of team’ s plans, insights and accomplishments.
- Ensure that product releases/features are in alignment with the goals/strategies outlined by the senior management team and that the value of the feature is fully understood and documented.
- Leverage your marketing automation or digital agency experience to help guide the team(s) in best practices and to see different perspectives.
- Experience managing on-shore and off-shore team resources.
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies and product development best practices; mentor team in these disciplines and closely monitor the team to ensure adherence.
- Coach Product Managers as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources; facilitating feedback in a way that promotes learning and future success.
- Assist team members with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that products are in alignment with corporate goals and are created as effectively as possible.
- Develop and nurture a growth mindset around the evolution of the Product team through active mentoring and coaching.
- Ensure that UI/UX team resources are effectively utilized and best practices are followed.
- Works with Product Marketing to execute go-to-market plans.
- Works with Product Marketing to develop value proposition and positioning.
- Collaborate on internal and external training plans, delivery methodologies, and content.
- Product release planning: creating release plan, working with other groups to drive the release (services, marketing, legal, etc.) and ensuring that all aspects of the release planning process are complete upon product availability.
- Provide regular status updates to his/her manager on product status from concept through launch.
- Present to manager the information necessary to make informed approval, prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
- Communicate key product metrics to manager.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business owners and senior management.
- Assist manager and team in developing and implementing scalable processes and/or tools to increase quality and productivity.
- Support organization in ongoing change management, improving product management, product development, and project management practices.
- Work closely with the Support Team to identify opportunities for product improvement.
- 10+ years of experience in software product management.
- 5 or more years’ experience managing direct reports.
- 3+ years of Marketing Automation and/or Digital Agency experience is a must have.
- Strong experience managing products in an Agile environment is required.
- Solid technical acumen is a must.
- Experience in Cloud based software is a definite plus.
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Approximately 10%. Customer, prospect and partner meetings, team meetings, industry events and conferences. (Domestic & International)