Director of Information Security
701 Brazos St #539 Austin, TX 78701 | Direct Hire
Our client is looking to grow their team with the addition of a Director of IS (CISO). As the leader/SME, you’ ll be responsible for implementing and leading the overall IT security strategy for Company, including risk, compliance, governance and cyber security in an ever-growing landscape. You will collaborate with business leaders on all aspects of information security and compliance. The scope of this position spans the organization’ s solutions and is not limited to technology, but does include software applications, infrastructure, data management, data integration and external vendor solutions.
How you would contribute to the team:
• Drive the overarching strategy for how Company handles IT security, risk and compliance challenges.
• Drive evangelization and education of cyber security services by communicating the vision and value.
• Performing security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimize threats. Design and implement procedures and controls necessary to ensure and protect the safety and security of all information system assets within the organization, including prevention of intentional or inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction.
• Conducting investigations of reported security breaches
• Partner with Company on horizontal CISO capabilities, lending opportunity for additional growth.
• Managing complex GDPR compliance
• Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies. Frequently present to top leadership in the business and function on technical strategy, industry trends and competitor insight.
• Conducting investigations of reported security breaches. Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations. Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change is introduced or a security breach occurs.
• Partner with customers to deliver on their outcomes and identify ways to position solutions to best deliver for the business.
• Be comfortable in front of an audience and present both internally and externally on areas of expertise within cyber security.
• Influence leaders across the Company Business Units, as well as with customers/prospects.
• Spearhead the relationship development and technology evaluation for new prospective partnerships and business development activity.
• Analyze and solve complex business problems by leveraging industry knowledge and expertise and being a proactive thinker offering recommendations in cyber security to drive change and deliver results.
• At least 10 years prior experience managing information security at software companies.
• Engineering degree or similar experience.
• Demonstrated history of managing operations in a 24/7/365 mission critical environment, including managing global response teams.
• Expert-level understanding of today’ s IT threat landscape and information security architectures, as well as applicable laws, regulations, and compliance frameworks (SOC I/II, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, NACHA, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate at an executive level to drive the right response and investments to deal with risk.
• Experience in leading multiple significant implementations of policies, processes and associated audits related to privacy, security and regulatory requirements
• Experience in international security, privacy and compliance
• Proven experience instituting a culture of security where security becomes ingrained in every employee’ s day to day activities.
• Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISSLP, or CISSP-ISSMP.