Director of Client Services
787 Elmgrove Rd rochester, NY 14624 | Direct Hire
The Director of Client Services is a key strategic and operational leadership role responsible for the development, continuous improvement and delivery of customer service excellence. This role will focus on our employees, process and technology to deliver key service outcomes for customers. The role has significant levels of responsibility and accountability for Client Service KPIs.
The Client Services Director is responsible for identifying and developing culture, process and performance improvements and efficiencies for the customer and for leading/developing a team, who deliver customer interactions across multiple channels (Onsite, Telephone. Email. Online. Live Chat. Video, Social Media. Correspondence. Etc.)
- Strategically lead and develop a diverse management team to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures
- Responsible for Profit and Loss department budgets.
- Create/nurture a culture and processes which achieve the business goals and objectives with regards to the customer experience
- Improve NPS (Net Promoter Score) – CSAT (Customer Satisfaction), and other customer metrics
- Reviews and ensures support team meets or exceeds key performance indicators (KPI) including service levels and quality
- Implement ways to reduce the cost to serve
- Empower and Engage the Customer Service Team
- Enhance the First Call Resolution
- Implement new tools and technologies to better serve the customer
- Drive better sales through service and customer touch points.
- Use employee, customer insight and root cause analytics to identify company-wide improvements (Customer and employee journey/experience)
- Act as the Voice of the Customer across the organization.
- Identifying and providing feedback through 1: 1s, effective use of personal development plans and provide coaching & development opportunities.
- Work effectively with all peers and the stakeholders Product, R&D, Sales, Finance, Marketing, and PMO to negotiate and influence customer improvements
- Drive quality and consistency
- Helps provide vision and planning for current and future growth
- Creates a positive and professional work environment and culture to increase employee job satisfaction and department morale.
- Assist in handling advanced escalations.
- Working collaboratively with other departments on technical solutions
- Travel to other offices, customer visits, industry shows, and training conferences as needed.
Education –Bachelor Degree is required.
Skills and abilities needed --
- Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the k-12 industry.
- Must have 10+ years’ experience in Customer Service role
- A minimum of 5 years proven leadership experience.
- Must have strong technical background.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Have the ability to calmly articulate directions to various audiences, especially in emergency situations.
- Possess the following; strong leadership skills, professionalism, a pleasant demeanor, and as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach, train and motivate others.
- Ability to handle difficult employee and customer issues effectively.
- Travel up to 10% of time