10757 S Riverfront Pkwy South Jordan, UT 84095 | Contract
As the Desktop Technician you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations supporting the office, ensuring that SLA and business needs are met. Assists in training of new hires. Works on projects as assigned. Exhibits excellent customer service and communication skills in all interactions.
- Responds to service requests regarding the installation of hardware and software for team member and contractor computing devices.
- Carries out the hardware procurement process.
- Delivers, installs, relocates, and disposes of hardware.
- Maintains documentation of assets in configuration and asset management records.
- Performs first and second level support, troubleshooting and resolution of hardware and software issues for desktops, laptops, tablets, mobility, audio-visual equipment, and peripheral devices.
- Performs research and develops solutions for hardware and software issues.
- Updates incident records and knowledge base with appropriate and timely information.
- Recommends solutions, resolves problems associated with incidents, and updates problem records.
- Conducts root cause analysis.
- Follows prescribed processes and uses initiative in absence of other guidance and created new processes under guidance of leadership.
- Updates customer with progress.
- Provides services per SLAs.
- Exhibits excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Windows 7 – 10, iOS, Android
- Networking (TCP/IP)
- Inventory management
- Active Directory
- Customer Service
- Mac OSX
- A+ or equivalent
- Audio visual
- Scripting (DOS, Powershell, BASH)
- VOIP telephony
- Current (MCTS) certification and/or (A+) desktop certification is desired
- 3+ years Desktop Support experience in a corporate environment supporting the following:
- Windows 7, 10, VDI and Mac OSX environments
- Remote Support (VPN Connectivity Issues, Routing, etc)
- Hardware/Software Support and deployment
- Enterprise and 3rd party software applications
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Strong Microsoft Office support experience
- Ability to work in a team environment with constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work flexible hours and adjust to changing priorities or projects