195 Technology Dr Irvine, CA 92612 | Contract
The Sr. Decision Scientist is responsible for leading advanced analytics development of statistically based models and ongoing maintenance of existing statistical models. The role will work closely with business stakeholders as a the subject matter expert to assist them with advanced analytics strategy and developing relevant, accurate and robust insights. Conducts presentations and makes recommendations to senior management. The Sr. Decision Scientist is expected to perform these duties with limited daily oversight.
- Decision Sciences project leader. Responsible for all facets of predictive analytics project management: from requirements gathering, development of advanced statistical models utilizing typical and atypical methodologies, delivery of findings, and managing production and refinement of results.
- Supervise the development and enhancement of data models for statistical modeling purposes, tracking results against actuals, and re-specify when required.
- Work with internal business owners and external partners to understand business requirements and strategy for Cox Automotive Media Solutions; support those goals with modeling and analytics.
- Consult across Cox Automotive Media Solutions functional teams on how advanced analytic methodologies can be leveraged to address their business needs.
- Tracks, analyzes and interprets trends in data in order to provide relevant conclusions and recommendations to management
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- Work closely with the business owner as a key subject matter expert to assist them with business strategy and ensuring our analytics drive industry competitive advantage in advanced analytics.
- Ability to organize findings and translate into actionable insights using original or innovative techniques or style.
- 4+ years of hands-on coding experience building statistical models in SAS (R, Python, SPSS etc.)
- Ability to present and make recommendations to senior management.
- Preferred to have experience in building multiple regression model, mixed model, time series model, neural network, cluster analysis, text mining, and have prior experience in optimization, simulation, marketing mix, multivariate testing, ensemble modeling, graph algorithms.
- Prior experience modeling automotive data preferred.
- HDFS (Pig, Hive, Spark), PMML, and Java experience desired