Data Center Implementation Engineer
Jackson, MI 49203 | Contract
Location: Jackson, MI
Summary of Position:
As a Data Center Implementation Engineer you will provide consulting, analysis, and/or implementation support for networking solutions including pre-site inspections, initial implementations, customization and integration with the intent of optimizing the customer’ s operational benefit.
- Install, configure and maintain multi-vendor networking equipment’ s such Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and/or Arista Core routers, LAN switches, NG Firewall, IPSec VPN and SSL VPN, FCoE, etc.
- Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of network systems and services.
- Execute detailed test plans to check infrastructure and system functionalities and performance including network troubleshooting and network operational readiness validation.
- Provide project and vendor/partner management as needed.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing enterprise level data center networks including core network migration.
- Deploying, Supporting, and Configuring Cisco and other networking routers and switches.
- Advanced skills in planning, designing and troubleshooting complex core data center network environments.
- Extensive knowledge into Data Center products and solutions (Nexus 7K/5K/2K, Catalyst 6/4/3K, VPC, Fabricpath, FCoE, OTV, Cisco Fiber Interconnect, Cisco Unified Computing etc.), multi-vendor environments (Cisco, Arista, Dell etc.)
- Knowledge or experience with Nexus 9K and ACI is a plus.
- Extensive experience on layer 2 protocols like STP, VTP, Layer 2 VLAN, IGMP, Etherchannel, VSS/MLAG, 802.1Q trunking and VXLAN
- Extensive experience on Layer 3 Technology, OSFP, BGP, EIGRP, QoS, VRF, HSRP/GLBP, NAC, VRF, MPLS, MP-BGP, BGP-EVPN and IP Multicast
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN and MPLS).
- Knowledge or experience with Security Technology, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, TACACS/Radius, NAT
- Foundation into server networking virtualization technologies (VMware ESX/NSX, Openstack, KVM, etc.)
- Extensive experience managing VPN using IPsec & GRE to configure and troubleshoot VPN backup. Security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT is required.
- Public/Private DNS Hosting/Administration Experience
- Knowledge or experience F5 load balancing, Palo Alto technologies, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS is a plus.
- Cisco partner post sales consulting or implementation experience is a plus
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent experience.
- VMware VCP or any equal virtualization based technical certification is a plus