Cloud DevOps Architect
2701 Dallas Parkway, Suite 440 Plano, TX 75093 | Direct Hire
Cloud DevOps Architect - Plano, TX
Key senior technology leader responsible for all aspects of software product development & establishment of DevOps process including architecture, design, development, coaching, mentoring, DevOps evangelism & partnership across various technology departments.
This is a hands-on senior role with responsibilities spanning across new development & operational technology support for all of technology applications & products.
The Architect will:
- Establish & lead DevOps practice within technology including organizational design, process, workflow, training, education & adoption.
- Key hands-on technology leader with responsibilities spanning across all aspects of software development including architecture, design, automation, release & configuration management
- Establish & lead a strong operational backbone including establishing processes around metrics driven application support model
- Create a comprehensive roadmap to scale the platform so it can absorb the customer growth and demand
- Evangelize the value of DevOps disciplines to the organization.
- Prior success architecting, designing and building a scalable a cloud infrastructure for a highly available environment delivering extreme reliability.
- Deep experience in AWS cloud and tools (EC2, Virtual private clouds (VPC), ELB).
- Experience with containers in a microservices architecture environment.
- Experience with full-lifecycle system deployment from requirements gathering to design, implementation, unit testing, system testing, release and on-going service management.
- Contributor to open source projects.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with ability to engage with leadership.
- Experienced with distributed systems and serverless frameworks (gokit, vamp, sparta)
- Experienced with distributed key-value stores (etcd, consul, zookeeper).
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols. Proficient in network engineering in a software-defined world (gossip protocols, API gateways, load-balancing, service discovery, eBPF, BPG, VXLAN).
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and twelve-factor principles.
- Fluency and command of an OO language - Go, Python, Java.
- Experienced with Linux containers runtimes (docker, rkt, lxc, etc.) and orchestrators (kubernetes, fleet, swarm, nomad, mesos-marathon).