C#.NET Software Engineer
1800 South Bell Street, Suite 210 Arlington, VA 22202
Location: Arlington, VA
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and support of market leading .NET-based applications used by our Federal clients before, during and after emergency management situations.
You will be part of a team that practices a disciplined development methodology and will interact directly with our Product Management, Professional Services, Client Experience and Support Teams to develop effective, reliable, and scalable solutions in an Agile, test-driven environment. We are looking for a self-directed individual who also functions well in a team environment. You should have a passion for working with clients to solve their business and support challenges.
· Develop solutions across all layers, from the database through the data, service, and application layers to the user interface.
· Follow an Agile development process.
· Develop strong, collaborative relationships across teams and departments.
· Work closely with Product Owners and Business Analysts to review, elaborate and document system and solution requirements.
· Design and develop high-quality, effective and reliable technical solutions that meet client needs and result in low defect rates.
· Participate in peer code reviews; review test objectives and test cases.
· Evaluate emerging technologies and participate in business decisions regarding which technologiesto implement.
· Ensuredevelopment teams useonly reliable, proven toolsanddevelopment environments.
· Work closely with Client Support to provide effective second and third level client support.
· Support team professional growth through coaching and providing educational opportunities.
· Remain current on state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques; participate in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
· Work closely with DevOps to help enhance product environments and the automated build/deployment process.
· Evaluate product health using monitoring and load testing solutions and reviewing penetration test reports.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
· 3+years’ technical software development experience including a minimum of 2 years of .NET development experience.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Skills/ Knowledge Requirements:
· Object Oriented Analysis, Design, Programming methodologies, data structures and design patterns.
· C#, n-Tier design, SQL Server, Web Services, Microservices design.
· Agile methodologies.
· Ability to evaluate product health by using monitoring and load testing solutions and reviewing penetration testing reports.
· Familiarity with cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance, scalability, maintainability and supportability
· Proven experience with code management and build tools.
· Intermediate ability to write unit and integration tests.
· Validated knowledge of Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity or VSTS).
· Prior involvement with environment deploy/orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, etc.).
· Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks (Sprint.NET, Unity), and Application/UI frameworks.
· Skilled at using Monitoring and Alerting tools, (Splunk, Graylog, ELK, Datadog, etc.).
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Outstanding attention to detail, personal initiative and commitment to quality.
· Ability to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
· Strong ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues.
· Database design and implementation expertise.
· Superior oral and written communication skills.
· Prior experience supporting highly available solutions in Azure or AWS, preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to manage contract function independently and provide leadership in contracts administration.
· Experience with contract database tools, in addition to substantial knowledge in building and maintaining a contract database.
· Passion to exceed client expectations required.