Business Systems PC/Workstation Engineer Level 1
3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339 | Contract
Designing, implementing, testing and deploying desktop deployment solutions, Install maintain Solaris / Linux server infrastructure, Windows Server to support the TAMS Development Staff, Install Windows OS on servers and desktop systems. Component configuration (client agents, client deployment, sites, Asset Intelligence, Desired Configuration Management, Internet Based Client Management), and deployment. Operating System Deployment, Endpoint Protection.
Interacting with others in the Business Systems Group (BSG) to share information and cross train
BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
5+ years’ experience in Microsoft infrastructure technologies or in information technology
Group Policy design and implementation for workstation, Office, and Internet Explorer settings.
Experience in designing and developing software products.
Understanding in Microsoft architecture and platforms.
Understanding of network systems and solutions.
Understanding of web services and other integration concepts.
Understanding of and experience in Solaris / Linux.
Understanding of systems capability (x86/64 workstations).
Understanding of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, http(s), XML over http/https.
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills.
Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations.
Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance.
Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
Ability to learn new tools and technologies.
Ability to work independently and in a team.
Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
Windows 7, OS X, Google Collaboration Apps and Office 365.
Active Directory maintenance and Exchange 2007 & 2010.
PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android).
Client PC connectivity - Ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN.
Experience with Ghost, BigFix, and Symantec desktop security products.
Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
POS support environment experience TAMS/RPM
• Work with team of Application, Integration, Systems and Network architects to implement solutions.
• Provide operation support and oversight for application Performance Monitoring toolset.
• Troubleshoot and debug solutions and recommend fixes in a timely manner.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Support of systems running Solaris, Linux and Windows OS.
• Nightly on call support.
• Provide Level IV support for TAMSII / RPM related hardware and peripherals.
• Custom develop software and scripts to support the requirements from the business.
• Support end user needs with the use of the application.
• Must have excellent communication skills-both written and verbal.
• Management of Graphic WorkStation Images.
• Maintain the computer room and lab in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Shipping and receiving of hardware to and from vendors.
• Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
• Familiar with Windows 7/10 and Solaris x86, Linux
• Manage and Setup Servers in a test lab environment.
• Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
• Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
• Walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Documenting the processes and procedures, core issues, troubleshooting techniques, Solutions for the team and creating Knowledge Base articles.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Typically reports to Team Leader.
Other duties as requested.
• Demonstrates an understanding of global company and departmental systems, policies, and procedures.
• Demonstrate awareness of the critical aspects of the production or service delivery mechanisms employed by the company.
• Understands quickly when there is the need for change; focuses on what can be done to move forward rather than getting stuck in resentment or anger.
• Thinks in terms of solutions that create value for customers; analyzes situations from the customer’ s perspective to determine the best customer-focused response.
• Analyzes own work to remove inefficiencies; plans how tasks will be accomplished and looks for ways to streamline them. Suggests and develops alternative technologies, methods, products, processes, or workflow systems.
• Completes projects on time and within budget; establishes realistic expectations with customers to ensure that commitments can be kept; communicates/escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Actively seeks to remain current and educated about customers and customer issues.
• Easily adapts to changing priorities; is flexible when changes occur that upset existing plans; is open to considering alternatives and revising plans and goals when situations change.
• Makes sure work is of high quality; double checks completed work carefully for accuracy and thoroughness. Takes ownership of work.
• Gives and welcomes feedback; ensures feedback is constructive and focuses on the behavior rather than the person; accepts constructive feedback without becoming defensive, making excuses, or getting angry.
• Exhibits good listening and comprehension (practices active listening); concentrates on what the other person is saying rather than preparing what to say next; takes notes for later clarification instead of interrupting to ask questions.
• Pursues and wins support for ideas; identifies key decision makers and appropriate ways of presenting ideas for consideration.
• Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; offers to help others without being asked.
• Uses insights gained from handling challenging situations to recommend improvements to procedures, workflow, or product design.
• Consistently acts with honesty and integrity in business activities; is accountable for accuracy of information provided and for timely completion of commitments; avoids making excuses or blaming others or outside circumstances for own problems or errors.
• Listens to the perspectives of other group members and is open to hearing all sides of an issue; recognizes the need for open-mindedness and compromise.
• Invests personal time to keep abreast of emerging technologies.