Business Systems Analyst III (Systems/Infrastructure Strategy)
1070 Jonesboro Rd. West Monroe, LA 71294 | Direct Hire
Business Systems Analyst (Systems Strategy/Infrastructure)
Provide business analysis, engineering and project management for existing and new systems for the Information Technology Department. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the systems environment. Maintains stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the manufacturing systems that support the mills such as Applications, PI, Data historian, primary Production, Quality, Security, Process Technology and Analytics. Serve as liaison between Mills, Corporate IT, vendors and other Corporate Business Units. This roll may expand into other projects and support as necessary.
- Business Analysis/Sr. Systems Engineering/Project Management
- Mill Systems Implementation, management and support
- System design, configuration and testing
- Project management and coordination
- Database support (SQL, etc.)
- Process IT and Systems Engineering
- Design, install, administer, support and optimize Microsoft Windows servers and related components to achieve and maintain high performance of business applications using VMware vSphere and other virtualization technologies.
- Ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment
- Mill Division IT 2nd Tier escalation
- Analyze existing and proposed designs, improve systems and ensure best practices are followed.
- Translate requirements into specifications that will be used to implement hardware and software solutions.
- Implement system testing, including development of test plans, test cases and documentation of feature/function traceability.
- Leverages partnerships with IT teams and key business stakeholders to troubleshoot complex systems
- Serves as a functional expert and collaborates with IT architects and Infrastructure teams to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable system designs
- Ensures system designs adhere to company architecture standards
- Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of assigned systems
- Reviews and validates technical specifications and documentation for proposed solutions
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Maintains understanding of new and existing technology to support business goals
- Benchmarks and evaluates IT trends and technologies to identify opportunities that impact the business
- Create and Maintain documentation for standardization of process and systems.
- Adhere to change control, security policies and audit requirements.
- Maintains documentation of detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of current and future systems
- Involved in proof of concept efforts and evaluates new technologies that drive efficiency and productivity to achieve business goals
- Systems design, implementation and support
- Testing, training and documentation
- Provide requirements for application changes and new requests.
- Provide support to ensure availability and system performance
- Mill IT projects and related budgets as necessary
- Coordinate and document IT related training
- Coordination and leadership of business and vendor meetings.
- Assist with business requested enhancements to Mill systems
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Leads the scope of solutions by identifying technical solutions to business problems
- Ensure that all related policies and processes are followed.
- On call support as required. Escalates any issues that can’ t be resolved
- Periodic travel – less than 25%
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience with manufacturing related systems, processes and technologies preferred
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems (5 years’ experience with highly available systems running in a production environment).
- Experience with VMware, Windows Server, VDI, storage solutions, etc.
- Server Builds, Hardware & Operating Systems
- Technical expertise regarding data models and design development
- SQL (queries, trigger, jobs, procedures, reports, etc.)
- Strong Analytical and System Design Skills.
- Scripting experience and knowledge of software and hardware life cycle
- System Deployment, configuration, documentation and training.
- Understanding of databases
- Ability to understand system interfaces, shop floor devices and other supported systems.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into cohesive system requirement documents
- Experience with documentation utilizing various analytical methodologies
- Ability to operate effectively either independently or in teams, making progress on tasks while dealing with potential process and project ambiguity
- Strong personal organization skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to think logically, critically and constructively about complex problems and evaluate/develop proposed solutions that address expressed needs
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to address both technical and non-technical audiences
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- 4-year college degree in IT-related field required. Equivalent work experience considered.
- Manufacturing Experience preferred.