Business Systems Analyst - SD/MM
1500 Riveredge Pkwy Suite 100 Atlanta, GA 30328 | Direct Hire
Business Systems Analyst – SAP SD/MM
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of “Business Systems Analyst – SAP SD/MM”. As an expert in SAP Sales / Distribution and Materials Management module and processes, the mission of this position is to analyze business issues and to identify projects and technologies, which will enable significant operational improvements in the corporation’s customer service and supply chain functions. The Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both business needs and a solid understanding of industry requirements and best practices. In addition, the Analyst may function as a project manager to coordinate and facilitate the work of cross-functional company resources assigned to technology projects. This position may also assist in routine maintenance for specific modules in the company’s suite of business applications. This position collaborates with business process owners to foster a positive IT customer relations environment.
The SAP Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the following functions:
- Define information business systems requirements jointly working with management and professional staff in user departments. Technical solutions must satisfy the business needs for the future, i.e., take into account Company growth and customer service objectives.
- Develop working relationships with a diverse group of business people and gain an understanding of the complex nature of the Company’s business. Maintain familiarity with the business plans of the Company and the departments serviced. Remain knowledgeable of information technology and Company business operations.
- Responsible for assisting user and IT management in setting priorities within the customer service and supply chain areas and work with IT Leadership to communicate with senior management.
- Work with more experienced Business Systems Analysts. Participate on project team, completing individual responsibilities, providing input on resources needed, and consulting schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project. Familiar with the systems scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively complete the activities of the work team.
- Provide support for designated application systems. Augment and facilitate the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems.
- Provide guidance in creating standards, testing procedures, version control, etc. Maintain a professional awareness of tools and techniques that might be used to improve the quality of service.
- Other duties as assigned
- Project Management
- Ensures all projects are executed in accordance to the company’s established IT governance practices
- Foster cross-functional relationships inter- and intra-departmentally for effective project management
- Complete assigned projects and track the completion of major milestones
- 4+ years IT experience including 2 years in SAP SD. Experience in both implementation and application support is desired. General experience should include systems architecture and business processes that support lean manufacturing.
- Functional knowledge of Availability check/back order rescheduling
- SCM or APO Global ATP a plus
- Functional knowledge of master data including business partners (customer/vendor)
- Functional knowledge of EDI integration with SAP SD/MM module
- Functional knowledge of billing/invoicing process in SAP SD module
- Functional knowledge of SAP purchasing
- Requisitions, PO, Invoice process
- 2 years with pricing, CRM experience with SAP or other systems.
- Experience in QM using the complaint system a plus
- Experience in shipping and warehouse management a plus
- Experience in Make To Order (MTO) and Make To Stock (MTS) inventory
- Experience in variant configuration a plus
- 4-year college degree in general or IT-Related field required. Equivalent work experience considered.